Have you ever worked in the Plating Department? Do you possess leadership skills? Do you possess leadership skills? Do you have attention to detail and multi-tasking abilities? Are you patient and able to communicate effectively with others? Are you a team player?
- Daily responsibilities include ensuring product in the department is in process and equipment is running correctly.
- Tooling is in operational condition, else submit to maintenance.
- Keep track of employee attendance.
- Fill in for absent employees or employees on vacation, as needed.
- Work In Process prioritization.
- Effectively communicate with production control and/or production supervisor to determine production priorities.
- Communicate production and quality issues to appropriate department (engineering, quality, and/or production control).
- Weekly/monthly responsibilities include communicating and reporting department status during the weekly production meeting.
- Conducting monthly department procedure, safety, and environmental trainings.
- Making sure those weekly housekeeping tasks are performed and documented, and submitting a monthly Gantt chart.
- Administrative Responsibilities.
- Review and approve department labor hours and employee vacation and time off requests.
- Handle employee relations in the department and report to production supervisor and/or human resources as necessary.
- Technical Responsibilities.
- Hands on troubleshooting of the plating process, chemical analysis of plating solutions using AAS and wet chemical methods, XRF plating thickness, chemical additions to plating solutions, and maintaining laboratory equipment.
- Responsible for hands on plating.
Experience and Education Preferred
- High School diploma or GED, the ability to speak, read and write English. 2 year technical degree a plus
- Must have knowledge of AC/DC theory, 2-5 years in a Lead/ Supervisory role, good math skills, a basic knowledge of computers and spreadsheet experience is helpful and excellent communication skills in English. Electro-plating experience is a plus.