SR Quality Engineer
Operate under the direction of the Quality Manager with focus maintaining internal quality systems and providing direct customer support. Will perform continues improvement programs, and maintain the quality system for the plant. Troubleshoot root cause analysis for daily situations across multiple Johanson facilities regarding quality. Requires a quality background with a minimum of 5 years working in a manufacturing environment (MLCC experience preferred but not required).
- Work with design, manufacturing engineering, and production teams across multiple Johanson facilities to review customer orders during product realization to ensure compliance with all customer and company drawings/standards.
- Work with production supervisors and manufacturing/inspection personnel to insure proper training/understanding of production processes, procedures, and work instructions. Update documentation and provided additional training, as needed.
- Assist MRB team in reviewing non-conforming product. Perform failure analysis on discrepant material to determine root cause and help implement corrective actions.
- Implement Operational Metrics and Continuous Improvement initiatives, including Statistical Process Controls where applicable
- Review in-process and finished product against customer drawings. Prepare AS9102 first article inspection reports and data packages as required by customer orders
- Perform internal process and QMS audits to verify compliance to AS9100 QMS. Assign corrective actions to analyze root cause and implement corrective actions if non conformances are detected.
- Support/Lead third party QMS and customer audits. Manage audit findings and corrective actions to closure.
- Conduct failure analysis on customer returned product to determine root cause and corrective actions. Complete 8D report and work directly with customer to insure problems are resolved and customer satisfaction is obtained
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must be a U.S. Person.
- At least a minimum of 5 years of work experience in quality management, quality engineering or related engineering, manufacturing processes, or supply chain discipline.
- Must be able to trouble shoot customer returns and perform root cause analysis.
- Must be able to audit quality processes and manufacturing functions.
- Advanced ability in operating a computer and in the use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Project, Statistical Process Control applications.
- Problem solving and root cause analysis techniques. e.g. 8D, 5-Why’s, PDCA, fishbone, etc.
Frequent verbal instruction and inspection of work or materials produced. Detailed written instruction or procedure manuals explaining established procedures. May mentor Jr. QA team members and oversee / monitor projects assigned to other QA personnel.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR CONFIDENTIALITY
Per employee handbook
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS
Some light walking, lifting, and sitting.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time non-exempt position. 40+ hours within a workweek.
Some travel to JMX facility, suppliers, and other partners.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
College degree (AS/BS)
5 year of experience in manufacturing industry
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
BSEE or equivalent work related experience.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
Johanson Dielectrics Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.